The need of the 21st century is to opt for a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. Given the same, many people are turning to adopting veganism as a lasting lifestyle.
Going by the 2023 statistics, there are around 88 million vegans around the world. Zeroing down on India alone, 9% of India’s population is vegan.
This is one of the reasons plant-based meat has heavy demand across the world. A relevant motivator for Brand Wakao to continue experimenting and bring the best to the table.
If you are struggling to understand veganism or start your journey as a vegan, here are some helpful tips for you.
What is Veganism?
Veganism is the practice of consuming food not derived from animals and avoiding usage of animal products of any kind. Individuals who practice veganism are vegans.
While the common goal of all vegans is to eliminate harm to animals, a select few are focused on environmental and health betterment as well.
Are you looking to start your journey as a vegan? The following steps shall prove helpful.
Things to Remember when Adopting a Vegan Lifestyle:
- Once you decide to go vegan, you need to be well-versed with the foods that are allowed and not allowed for consumption and use.
- As a vegan, you will be directly and indirectly responsible for animal welfare. You will assume the role/gain acceptance toward ending the unnecessary and unethical use of animals.
- You may be drawn to veganism because of the many health benefits this lifestyle attracts. Of course, you will enjoy assistance in terms of diseases like that of the heart, diabetes, and more severe ailments like cancer.
But, to make this a reality, you need to focus on your nutrition quotient and ensure all vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients are being fed to your body through the plant-based mode.
- You can’t turn into a vegan overnight. Ideally, you need to educate yourself and plan a balanced, plant-based diet. You may want to take the help of a professional in this case.
- There is a possibility of you experiencing challenges in meeting nutrient requirements like that of Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, and vitamin B12 on a vegan diet. Guidance from a health professional is helpful as you may have to take supplements.
- In the initial days, you may need moral support to stay true to this moral grounds-backed decision of adopting veganism. A powerful solution here is to get in touch with support communities so that you have a trusted circle to bank on.
- As you step into the veganism lifestyle, you may falter at first. You may have only limited food options to choose from. This is where you need to remain firm and display patience. After all, veganism is a long-term game.
As you get ready to embrace veganism, Brand Wakao continues to cheer for you.